Additional Content Download
Analytics in action: how the University of Sydney is using Learning Analytics to create a personalised student experience
In this case study, Professor Abelardo Pardo, Senior Lecturer in the School of Electrical Engineering, examines the various considerations and critical success factors that can enable universities to gather information from different sources and extract actionable insights from student learning patterns to improve student engagement, experience and learning outcomes.
How the University of Technology Sydney is piloting analytics to equip learners for the future of work
An inside look at how the University of South Australia is using Learning Analytics to improve learning outcomes
In this case study, Cassandra Colvin, Manager of Learning Analytics at the University of South Australia, explores the core elements of the University’s learning analytics program, the tools they are using to capture and understand student online learning behavior and the lessons learned from their journey so far.
In this past presentation from Learning Analytics 2017, Abelardo Pardo, Associate Professor at the University of Sydney explores;
- A framework to obtain knowledge about how students participate in a course designed with an active learning approach
- The new dependencies that appear at the design and delivery stages with respect to data collection procedures, analysis, reporting, and actions
- The key challenges faced for adopting learning analytics processes
In this past presentation from Learning Analytics 2017, Danny Liu, Senior Lecturer/Educational Innovation team in the DVC for Education at the University of Sydney explores;
- Empowering and personalising instructor student interactions with student data using the Student Relationship Engagement System
- Providing personalised support for large student cohorts
- Putting teachers in control of actionable learning analytics
- Bottom-up growth of learning analytics
How the University of Edinburgh has Utilised Learning Analytics to Understand Student Behaviour and Cognitive Processes
In this past presentation from Learning Analytics 2017, Dragan Gasevic, Professor and Chair in Learning Analytics and Informatics at The University of Edinburgh explores;
- Working with 65 organisations across Europe to assist with institutional data collection and creation of policies and frameworks
- Findings, results and experiences from UK University case studies
- Understanding of learning, social processes and sense making tools based on research from real settings
- Partnering with corporations and the influence of MOOC’s
In this past presentation from Learning Analytics 2017, Simon Buckingham Shum, Professor of Learning Informatics & Director of the Connected Intelligence Centre at the University of Technology Sydney explores;
- Organisational conditions enabling CIC’s creation and operation
- Ethical Design Critique workshops for rapid feedback on analytics dashboards
- From data dashboards, to analytics for 21st Century Competencies such as critical, reflective writing, and face-to-face collaboration.
Ahead of the Learning Analytics Summit 2018 we chat to Dr. Hassan Khosrvavi, Senior Lecturer in Learning Analytics at The University of Queensland (UQ). In this article Hassan shares details of RiPPLE, UQ’s crowdsourced, open-sourced, student-facing platform that provides personalised content and learning support at scale, and delves into the benefits of adaptive learning in regards to student experience, retention and success.