Learning Analytics Manager
2:30 PM Making Learning Analytics A Reality: A Strategic Outline to Build your Holistic Framework to Enhance Data Flow and Flexibility
With over 100, 000 students enrolling each year, there needs to be a common language between the data sets and its end-user. TAFE Digital is building a Learning Analytics Framework to ensure the chance of optimal learning and teaching experiences. Tim Scott believes it is about building a solid backbone of strategic drivers, data and enabling infrastructure that will free learning analysts to experiment with new ideas and allow them to develop those that work.
This session will show you how to:
- Implement the elements : Building a backbone, strategy, analytical method and team to deploy and operate the learning analytics framework
- Case Studies of experimental examples
- Leverage digital platforms and technology to enhance your capacity to distribute and translate data
- Integrate data security and ethical protocols to enhance the capacity to share data
“We are completely data-driven” as most educators would claim.
In recent years, educational sectors have witnessed an increase in data-driven decision making. Data-decision making refers to the systemic collection, analysis of data, including its input, process, outcome and satisfaction of data to guide various decisions to improve the successes and retention of students.
Before any decisions can be made teachers, administrators and principals must first understand how to make sense of the data.
In his workshop, Tim Scott will explore how we can build a solid backbone in our framework that will allow experimentation of ideas. He will establish the mindset and goals required before we implement the framework, the technology, the data analysis, infrastructure and the steps to engage our end-users.
- Exploring the foundations required before we can start experimenting with our LA ideas: Learn the steps and how you can implement them
- How to align all the elements together to increase end-user engagement
- Step-by-step guide utilize the right digital platforms to make sense of data and how you can translate it into course
- Explore the creation of teachers and support staff plans supporting interventions with individuals and groups